Sunday, September 1, 2013

Drinking to health!


Yogis,

To all who began the “Back to Meditation” today I hope your first sitting went well!  Again tomorrow, the next day, the next day…….and so on.  A practice.

These last couple of weeks we have been switching to the feeling mind.  Less thinking……more feeling.  Slowing down to experience everything this moment offers.

One other huge factor on how we experience life is our health.   When the body is operating in peak condition, it allows us to move beyond our physical-ness to begin to feel more both within and beyond, without the distraction of aches and pains.  Health.  Something, that like everything else in life, to manifest it we have to choose it.  Choosing health and moving toward it with an unwavering focus.  Our natural state is one of health.

As you all know I spend much time with my plants.  Plants heal us.  Last year I introduced Nourishing Herbal Infusions to everyone, after spending a week at Laughing Rock with my teacher Susun Weed.   In fact that experience is what guided me to launch this blog!

So I decided this week it was time to mention them again……

 
 
What is a nourishing herbal infusion?  A drink that you make at home by soaking dried herbs in boiling water.

How often would I drink them?  I drink them every day!  But you could start out with whatever feels right. 

What is the difference between tea and nourishing herbal infusion?  A tea is made with about a tablespoon of herb seeped for 3-5 minutes in a cup of water.  An infusion is made with a full ounce of herb soaked in water for anywhere from 4 – 10 hours!!  Think how much more of the benefits of the herb you are getting when prepared this way.

How do I make them?  You simply place an ounce of one of the 4 herbs in a quart sized canning jar, fill the jar to the brim with boiling water and let it sit for several hours.  You then use a mesh bag to strain out the herb leaving only the liquid.  Pour over ice and enjoy!

How do they taste?   Earthy.  Each one is slightly different.  The longer you seep it, the stronger the taste, so you can adjust accordingly.

Where do I get the dried herbs?  I place large orders every couple of months.  You can also order on your own but I get it cheaper with a wholesale account.

Why would I want to drink them?

 Let me share a few of the effects I have felt over this last year:

·         My hair which had become quite dry and brittle as I aged now feels like real hair again.
·         My fingernails grow faster and don’t split
·         This year when I went to the eye doctor my eyesight had actually improved!
·         Each year I end up going to the dermatologist right after 2 weeks at the beach.  There is always a comment about too much sun.  But on my recent visit, when he completed my skin scan he said  “you have good skin and it takes the sun very well”.   You don’t need to come back for 2 years.
·         I have always had soft teeth and grew up with multiple cavities on each visit,  and I was always scolded for not flossing enough.  But this year he looked in and then just said “you have good teeth” and that was the end of the visit.
·         I never need Claritan any more

Let me share some of what I have heard from others who have been drinking them:

·         I was told I was only 2 levels below osteoporosis 2 years ago.  On this visit, I had moved 2 levels further away!
·         I was diagnosed with osteopenia (pre-osteoporosis) and this year they said it is completely gone.  No sign of it.
·         My doctor asked if I am taking a Vitamin D supplement because my levels are double what they look for.  I am not...
·         I have lost a lot of the aches in my joints
·         My irritable bowel syndrome symptoms are gone.  But if I go a while without drinking the infusions they come back
·         This spring I had none of the itchy throat and ears during allergy season!
·         I no longer have white spots on my nails
Nourishing Herbal Infusions are one of the safest, cheapest (between $12 and $26 for a pound of herb), easiest, most natural ways to drink your way to health.  They take the place of all of your supplements since they are naturally loaded with vitamins and minerals. 

I have posts on this blog for each of the 4 main herbs.  They are in the archives to the right, in September 2012.  Stinging Nettle, Oatstraw, Red Clover and Comfrey.    Check them out!!

If you decide you want to give them a try, send me a note.  I will be placing an order in the next couple of weeks and I show you exactly what to do  once they arrive.

And if any of you who have been drinking them have anything else to share with the group – please do!

Choosing health,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment