Thursday, September 5, 2013

Back to Meditation - Day #5


From the Yoga Sutras by Patanjali:

I, 2

Yoga
is experienced
in that mind
which has
ceased
to identify itself
with its
vacillating waves of perception.

 
Once we have arrived in stillness in our meditation, we can begin to “see” our thoughts.  Taking a small step back to watch them.   Becoming the observer.  We are not our thoughts.  Thoughts are just waves and we can learn to ride them, direct them, choose them….. or let them go completely. 

I, 12

The vacillating waves of perceptions
are stilled through consistent earnest practice
and
dispassionate non-attachment.


I, 13

That practice
is indeed firmly grounded
when it is pursued incessantly,
with reverence,
for a long time.

 
Every day…..at least 10 minutes.

Tomorrow I will introduce a new technique to work with.  I welcome any feedback that you have on your experiences as well as any questions.

Breathing in, breathing out,
SARAH


No comments:

Post a Comment