Thursday, September 26, 2013

Back to Meditation - Day #26

Yogis,

I spoke earlier to the concept of tapas – discipline.  Heat.  The commitment by “you” to every day.  

Meditation is just like brushing your teeth.  I remember when I was little, for some reason I didn’t like brushing my teeth.  I would always hope that mom would forget to ask me if I had already brushed.  I couldn’t very well lie (was never in my nature) but if she didn’t ask, I may not necessarily volunteer the info. 
 
It just didn’t feel necessary at the time.  It cut into my play time.  Why did I have to do it every day?

Well of course as an adult I can’t imagine going one day without brushing my teeth – several times!  It is not only something that I know is good for me, but has become something from which I can see, feel and enjoy the results.  Many times I can’t wait to brush!  It is cleansing and feels like hitting the reset button on my mouth after daily life has passed through there. 

Meditation is no different.  It is just the reset button for the mind.  Removes the buildup.  Cleansing – after daily life has passed through there.

Every day….at least 10 minutes.

Looking forward to every one of my meditations,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment