Sunday, September 15, 2013

A moment of clarity

Yogis,

Before I begin – I wrote a post called “Drinking to Health!” two weeks ago, re-introducing Nourishing Herbal Infusions.  I am planning to place the order for herbs on Wednesday.  So if you want to give any or all of them a try, just send me a note!  Happy to answer any and all questions as well.

Friday night I had what is referred to as an “A-Ha” moment.   One of those split seconds where something becomes crystal clear when you weren’t even thinking about it.  Where an idea, or an answer or a sensation rushes in and suddenly turns on the lights.  A moment of complete clarity….of focus.

It all really started with Bunny Rabbit.  As everyone knows by now (if you haven't been living under a rock) I take a lot of pictures of him.  And that has led me to taking more pictures of the bees, butterflies, chipmunks and my plants.  Trying to capture the beauty that surrounds me while I am out there through a lens. 

My father emailed me after I forwarded some on to him and asked what kind of camera I was using, and was it an expensive one.  I giggled.  All of my pictures are now taken with my 3 year old droid phone.   I haven’t pulled my camera out of its drawer in quite some time.   And what I told him is that I am finding that taking pictures just takes seeing what you want before clicking.  Once you can visualize what you want to have a picture of, you wait until you see it.

As I am looking through the lens I will be watching a butterfly flutter from flower to flower, and I will visualize an image of her landing a certain way on one particular flower so I focus there and wait.  Seeing what I want, with patience.  Knowing it will happen.



I didn’t think deeply about my email back to Dad.  It was simply something that entered my consciousness and flowed out through my fingers.  It described what I had been experiencing out in the garden.   But Friday night as I lay in bed about to drift off to sleep, that sentence rushed in and shook me.   “Once you can visualize what you want to have a picture of, you wait until you see it”.    Said another way, “Once you know exactly what you want and visualize it with intention, you wait until it manifests in your life, with patience and complete faith”. 

It’s exactly what I teach, day after day after day!  It is how I live my life so I know that it works, but it took Bunny Rabbit to make it into something so basic and attainable.  Sitting with my camera, seeing what I want, sending that image out and waiting. 

We are all limitless creators.  The only limits are those that our brain or ego impose upon us.  When we see in our minds exactly what we want, and project that image out to the Universe…..all that is asked of us is to let go of doubt and take baby steps toward it…every day.   We are magnets so what we emit is what we attract.  Joy draws more joy, just as worry draws more worry.  So we need to live as if what we are asking for has already come.  Living our lives from that place – even when it feels like we are pretending at the beginning. 

So don’t wait.   Look through your lens today at your life and visualize what you want to see.  Bring it into focus. Project it with confidence.   Because what we can see in our mind….we can hold in our hand.  So see big!

A-Ha moments are the Universe giving you a little hit over the head.  Thank you Universe!

This week’s Bunny shoot!

I see,
SARAH

1 comment:

  1. I remember a long time ago reading this: Don't pray in supplication; pray in gratitude. For example, if I am sick, I should say to the universe, "Thank you for my good health," rather than, "Please help me get well." Assume the positive and be grateful for it long before it arrives. I've tried to live this concept tho it is not always easy. Thank you for your wisdom and for not having to wait for it.

    ReplyDelete