Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Back to Meditation - Day #10


Meditating Yogis,

So we are 10 days in.  Here is where the rubber meets the road.   For many of you, this could be the time where the mind begins its work, starting to make you question why the heck you agreed to 30 straight days of meditation.  


It goes something like this:

o   5 days a week is probably enough since I am new to this
o   Today is jammed packed so I will just pick up again tomorrow
o   I just forgot to do it today
o   This meditation stuff is boring - there are so many other things I could be doing
o   I will meditate as I walk today.  I don’t need to sit.
o   No one will know if I miss  day here or there
o   This isn’t working for me.  I always said I couldn’t meditate. 
o   I will do it later
o   Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

The mind can be amazingly persuasive.  But “you”, not your mind made this commitment to yourself.  Something stirred in you when you read my invitation that made you jump on board.  Those stirrings are your true self.  Not the thoughts that sometimes attempt to derail you. 

So meditate anyway.  When you feel like, and MOST importantly, when you don’t.  This is what is referred to as tapas.  Discipline.  And it is a requirement of us in order for transformation to occur.

It’s like I told each of my boys when they headed off to college.  Go to class.  Every day.  I don’t care if you sleep, draw pictures, listen or have a hangover.  Just Go To Class.

Every day…..at least 10 minutes.  J

I am surrounding you with support when you meditate,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment