Sunday, November 15, 2015

it's a bird..it's a plane..it's.........

Yogis,
We all know the story.  Clark Kent.  Raised in Smallville.  Normal shy awkward kind of guy, working his run of the mill job in journalism.  Fitting in with the masses, living a typical Kansas life. Not particularly noticeable.  Until……….

….there is danger.  A threat to society.  Good people suddenly in harm’s way.  He watches for a while from the sidelines but something within him stirs.  With each breath it expands, and along with it, the broadness of his chest.   Until finally he can no longer contain it – physically, mentally or emotionally.  He is literally bursting open at the seams.

His hands reach up and suddenly he is no longer Clark.  He is………
This is exactly how I feel whenever I work with the energy of the heart!

The element of air.  Our breath.  Our energy center for joy, sorrow, grief and love.  All the same.  All must be felt to be complete…to be human.  All who we truly are. They are our Superman inside. 

The heart energy is stirred when we open the upper body.  Back bending, shoulder opening, arm circles and complete full three part breaths.  Receiving breath first in the belly, then the ribs, then the chest where it makes more space for the heart.  The fire of light and heat we generated in the power plant of the belly, now rises and shines out through the heart.  Our spotlight! 

The more fully we breathe, the more fully we live. 

So whenever I do a week of heart classes I begin to feel as if the front of my chest has been removed.  That my heart energy is so vast and so bright it can no longer be contained within the small confines of my chest.  I feel like Superman…..but with a huge L for love on my chest!

I realized last night that I use my heart spotlight every Friday.  Before my bath I always hang out my bedroom window (which made me also realize that with screens, many people don’t have a window to ‘hang out’ of…….so consider having one window with no screen).  I put my whole upper body out, year round, and breathe the night air.  It feels great and freeing in all kinds of weather.  And then I spread my chest wide and send love to each of the 7 trees that encircle my backyard sanctuary.  My protectors.  Then to the animals of the night.  Then I shine on those I love near and far. Then to the Universe. 

And this Friday….to all of those in Paris. And to those who have built up so much hate and anger that they can take innocent lives without hesitation. 

We all have our Clark Kent costume. Mine is Xerox Major Account Contract Manager. Our mask. But at night….watch out. 

Be Superman this week.  Don’t let the love that lives in your soul stay safely at a simmer.  Draw the shoulders back, lift your heart and breathe with every fiber in your body so that the light becomes so bright it can’t be contained in your small self.  Reach up, rip open your costume and become love.  Shine it on everyone.  Everyone. Everything. Don’t discriminate.  Don’t judge.  Just shine.

I AM LOVE,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment