Sunday, November 22, 2015

...for this I am grateful

Yogis,
Aaahhhhhhhhh………..   Two weeks of heart opening.  What a perfect way to step into the week of gratitude that lies ahead! 

Thanksgiving. The giving of Thanks.

Gratitude is an action.  A verb.  A conscious state of being.  And it all begins by bringing awareness to the heart. 

Roll your shoulders back.  Place your left hand over the center of your chest.  Put the right one on top.  Close your eyes and take five long slow breaths into this space.  Then bring to mind something or someone for whom you are grateful.  When you begin to feel the stirrings of gratitude energy (you will recognize it), breathe life into it.  Keep expanding it with the your breath until it no longer fits in the confines of the chest and you are vibrating at the frequency of gratitude.  Then send it out!  Glow.  BE GRATITUDE.

As I sit here and look around this room I feel gratitude for my books, yoga mat, the plants, and this pc that allows me to share my deepest inner feelings with all of you.  For my music, journal, rocks, oils, my plants and the small radiator that keeps me warm as the season changes.   The spectacular view from this room, my mala beads and my gnarly walking stick……….  I glow on them all.
As I look back over this one simple weekend I am grateful for the many women that shared a piece of themselves with me over the course of the day yesterday, each in a unique and special way. They are all a gift.  For the ability to rake leaves, and rake more leaves…..and more leaves, and how Phoebe allowed two dogs to play in the backyard with her at the same time.  For fabulous food, a fire which I can still smell on my jeans each time I lean over, and the moon as she rose and watched me from a crystal clear sky.  I glow on them all.
For my challenges I am grateful, for without them I would stand still.  For the sorrow I feel as I touch my heart, because without diving into its depths,  I could not fully live joy.  For those who make me uncomfortable as they are the ones who hold a mirror to my face.  Even for the coming of winter since without its stillness I know I wouldn’t make time to go within. 
But at this moment (which is the only moment that is real) I am most grateful to be me.  Exactly the way that I am.  Because I am…..just like each and every one of you….. perfect.
What is your gratitude list today?

Glowing on all of you,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment