Sunday, December 10, 2017

Conscious Creating....and finally, grace

Yogis,
Today is the final chapter in the Conscious Creating series.  At least for now. 

Each spring as I plant my garden I consciously create.  I begin by spending time out there.  Sitting silently on the rocks, noticing the space, remembering what I learned last year and beginning to listen inwardly to uncover what I want to plant. Perhaps this year it is more vegetables, or maybe it’s time to finally plant black cohosh and wild yam a little further down my path into the woods.  I begin to visualize what it will all look like in July in full bloom. I ‘see’ it.

I start to ‘do’ by pouring through the seed catalogs, waiting for some to ask to be ordered.  Leaning in but remaining flexible as the Universe may offer some new ideas.  I till the ground with care and plant the seeds.  Daily watering and visits where I send gratitude and trust that when the time is right I will begin to see sprouts as they push their way up through a crack in the earth.  I watch for signs of when to thin, prune or transplant….listening to the plants themselves who never fail to teach me. 

But there is still that one piece of creation that I can’t do.  That invisible spark or life force that at some moment in time takes the pure potential in that dormant seed and turns it into a living growing creature.  The same magic that brings all things to life and makes all things possible. It creates rainbows after a summer rain and heals us from our winter colds. And it lies within each breath I take. This is grace………and it is a gift.

This path of conscious creating asks us to be present, to live life with purpose and to do.  But at the end of the day it also requires us to surrender. Completely. 

My teacher always talks to grace as the waterfall.  The waterfall is always there. Always pouring down.  Always giving of itself.  The question is how often are you positioning yourself beneath and opening to receive it? 

Here I offer you one simple way to make this connection daily.  To stop for just a moment beneath the falls…..


Hitting the high note is of course optional…..but definitely recommended 😊

For me, the ‘positioning yourself beneath’ is found within my practice of yoga.  The consistent dedication to the movement of my body to open the energy channels, daily meditation to be in touch with my soul, and the watching of my breath.  The fountain breath sequence is part of every class I teach and each practice that I do.  Even when I don’t feel like it…….and never do I regret it.

What is it for you?  Do you find the time to offer the gifts of self-care and inner reflection to yourself?  Are you able to let go so completely that you can feel the arms of the Universe holding you up?  Allowing yourself to get soaked.

We are coming into the season of winter.  Here on the east coast we got our first taste of the icy cold that we knew would eventually arrive yet always comes as a surprise.  Winter is the season to go inside.  Physically, but also mentally and emotionally.  The calendar is less full providing open time for you to reacquaint yourself with those inner spaces that matter the most. Turn off the tv and walk away from the computer.  Make a cup of tea and cuddle up with your favorite blanket.  Close the eyes, open the crown of the head and allow the pouring in of grace. 

With this final special ingredient, you are unstoppable. Go and create!

Humbled by grace,
SARAH

Coming in January
Moon Month Meditation!

A month of daily emails, videos and inspiration to kick off 2018 with a meditation practice that guides you from one full moon to the next.  
Once in a blue moon.......
Details to follow



No comments:

Post a Comment