Sunday, June 25, 2017

.....summer heat

Yogis,
This Wednesday the earth was at its maximum tilt toward the sun, with the sun reaching its highest point in the sky.  Referred to as the ‘Summer Solstice’, the longest day is my favorite day of the year!
That’s me giving one of my garden tours during the evening solstice celebration I hosted in my back yard. I was pointing out the bee appearing to sleep deep inside a flower on the Marshmallow plant.  We all discussed teas that can made from several of the plants and I shared the incredible story of the yearly life cycle of the Butterfly Weed. We tasted the wild strawberries and ran our hands through the Clary Sage to drink in her absolutely intoxicating aroma. When I am sharing my garden with others, just as when I am teaching class, time has no meaning. Medicinal plants are one of my true loves. 

Last week I taught a Chakra Journey workshop at a yoga studio. I was telling the students the deep gratitude I felt to have been able to share both my Earth Medicine and now this chakra class with them all in one month! Two of my passions. It got me thinking.

Where am I heading? What am I creating? Am I moving forward toward my vision with consistent growth , or am I dabbling? And at the end of the day is what I am doing being of benefit to others? Am I serving.

The summer solstice officially kicks off the summer…..the season of fire. It is at this time that the earth is vibrating with its maximum energy.  You only have to look at the lushness of the trees and the garden’s brilliant yellows, pinks and reds to see the evidence. Heat. Passion. Longer light filled days illuminating the path ahead. Summer is the time to get up off our seats and start moving in alignment with our highest potential. Time to stop the planning and ‘thinking about’ and take actual action.   

What is something you are passionate about? One of those things that you often think ‘if only’ or habitually reference by beginning the sentence with ‘someday I will’ or ‘as soon as’. Now is the time! 

The Universe is ready and waiting to support you. Only baby steps are required. Sign up for that class, make the phone call, book the trip. Or at times giant steps can also feel called for and the Universe will be right behind you cheering you on. Leaps of faith. But do something. Take that big toe and step it into the new, and sometimes uncomfortable, space of growth. The summer is the season of I CAN and I WILL. Will you?

Watch out…..here I come!
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment