Sunday, December 1, 2013

....... things are looking up!


Yogis,

Have you ever noticed where your gaze tends to go as you move through your day? 

I tend to be one who looks downward.  Noticing every plant, weed, bug and small creature as I wander through the yard.  Scanning the river for snakes, ducks and shells.  Watching my feet as they connect to the earth…….and unfortunately also seeing every crumb that has fallen on the hardwood floors.  The elements of earth and water, with their connection to the exhale, are downward pulling.  Seeing right where we are.

But then there are those who are always looking straight ahead.  Seeing where they are going.  Looking for the destination without distraction.  This would be those who are more closely connected with the element of fire.  Forward movement…….determination…….but having to be cautious not to run others over! 

And finally those whose “heads are in the clouds”!  Always looking up, seeing what might be possible without the restrictions we sometimes impose upon ourselves just because of what is.  Here we find the element of air – the heart chakra.  Limitless view……..as long as you don’t trip over anything in your path!

 
I began to think how much more we could be experiencing if only we could see from every angle. 

So this week as we make the move from our focus on the heart up to the throat, and the element of ether,  I decided to “look up” to see what I might find.   Here is some of what I discovered.

Trees are perfect at this!  Their deep roots holding them firmly in place so that they can reach upward with such awesome strength and power.  Looking toward the heavens, but knowing exactly where they are. 
 

All day long I look down from my office at the squirrels rummaging through my garden for hidden seeds.  Today, with all seeds finally eaten, they even decide to try one of my gourds.  But as I look up I see where they peer down at me as  I sit beneath. 

 

With the leaves down, and the cold death of winter rapidly approaching, I can also see the beauty it brings, if only I look up.





Looking up to see the score  (great game this weekend!!!)…………….
                                                      
                                                         …….and noticing the setting sun as I head in to make soup

 

So begin to notice where you set your gaze.  Remember -  seeing is the first step in manifesting whatever it is that you desire.  So See it all….See it from every vantage point…..See not only where you are and where you are heading, but what is possible when you simply expand the horizon. 

Finally, watch what happens in the physical act of looking up.  The shoulders drop and the heart lifts!  Try it!

 

I am looking up,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment