Sunday, December 8, 2013

........the season of wanting

Dear Yogis,

So fun to sing Kirtan with all of you in classes this week!  Lengthening the neck and clearing the throat to discover and tune our authentic voice. 

So here we are in Christmas season…….

“What do you want?” 

This past week I was asked that question over and over and over, as each member of the family wanted my Christmas list.    Now mind you, in the meantime I was doing the exact same thing to each of them – using my trusty little notebook to document each of the lists.   Not wanting to share my gift ideas for others with anyone as then I would again be staring at a blank page.

“What do you want?”

I strain my brain.  I walk around the house looking to see what I might be missing.  I glance through the endless stack of catalogs that have arrived.  Finally coming up with an idea, only to then be asked  “And what else do you want?”, as they have their pen poised over their trusty notebook waiting for an answer. 

I find it all very exhausting!!!

Ok, my sister gave me a cloth purse probably 7 years ago that gets a lot of use.  Probably time for a new one so I can give that to her for her list.  Yes!  I take my phone out to send a picture of it so she remembers the type.  But as I zoom in through the viewfinder and look at the purse with this new perspective, I realize I love the purse and its worn in look and don’t want  a new one!   Darn!!!  It gets scratched off the list.

So what do I want?  Why does it seem that all year we can think of things we need, but when asked directly, and knowing that what you ask for you will most likely get, the screen suddenly goes blank?

The throat.   Where we make things real.


We began with earth, noticing exactly where we are and the pure potential available to us.  In the realm of water we uncover desire.  Here is where we find our truest, deepest, wants.  With fire we “saw” what we wanted and planted the image on the blank canvas in front of us, beginning our movement toward it.  And at the heart we surrendered and learned to trust, to sense that we are supported and aren’t doing this alone.

But at the throat…….. the rubber meets the road.  Now we speak what it is that we want.  Honestly, clearly and with conviction.  Sending out what we want with our vibration.  For me this has always been the most challenging step.  Saying it makes it so real. 

Once we speak we have begun the process of manifesting, so we want to be sure we are speaking from deep within, and not just talking from the brain.  Because once formed into words and shared, it is hard to go back. 

The throat is our free will, the place from which we choose.   So choose what it is that you want and begin to speak as if it has already here.  Thank the Universe for it now, knowing that it is on its way. 

So, what do you want?

I want things that can’t be put on Christmas lists.   I want to write a book (although it is dawning on me that this blog may be just that).  I want to expand what I offer so will need to be financially compensated for what I do so I can do more.    I want to feel even more alive.   I want to feel free.   I want to “be” love.  Expansive wants but I have complete faith that they can all come into being…..and will. 

….but I still will come up with Christmas lists!

That wasn’t easy for me,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment