Saturday, April 6, 2013

March Meditation Reflection


Yogis,

I had to planned to write this note early in the week, but sensed that we needed a “pause between the notes”.  A time for everything to settle in.

I truly enjoyed leading the March Meditation.  It caused me to watch my own meditation with a new eye and reflect on why I do it.

.........me when I first started meditating

    
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Meditation is a time for me.  A time to stop everything to just be me.  Nowhere to go.  Nothing to do.  So quiet in comparison to much of the rest of life.

After 5 years here are some of the changes that have manifested for me:

·         I can now take that calm with me for a good part of the day
·         I can “arrive” almost instantly because my body, breath and mind remember
·         My focus when I am working, doing a project or trying to get something done is much sharper – I get a lot more done in less time without feeling hurried
·         I can recognize when I am becoming anxious, distracted or judgmental and use breath to release it as I move through the roller coaster of life
·         I see life through a much clearer lens – more color, more detail, more beauty

As a tshirt I have says ….. Live Vividly – Meditate!

I have heard from some of you, but if anyone else has any feedback or observations, I would love to hear from you. 

I hope to run the same program again for others (although would love to have you back!) sometime in the next couple of months.  So please let me know if you know of anyone who would like to participate.     I will also keep this email list and will stay in touch.

Finally, I thought it was very fitting that this arrived in my inbox yesterday, so I wanted to share.  Same message, just presented slightly differently.


And so for now – Every day……at least 10 minutes.

Living vividly,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment