Sunday, November 18, 2012

Throat.......your vibration


Dear Yogis,

The Universe has an unusual sense of humor.  This week we began our classes on Vishuddha, the throat chakra, where we find our voice…………. and I completely lost mine.  During Tuesday’s classes my glands began to swell, my throat became sore and by the end my voice was deep, gravelly and hoarse.   By Thursday night I tried to be heard through loud whispers, and by Friday’s class I gave in completely and we just did a gentle flow.   Talking had become utterly exhausting.

But even though Vishuddha is about self expression and being authentic, its deeper meaning is in the silence.   And I was given, without necessarily asking, the chance to explore it.


 
The organ of action for the throat chakra isn’t the mouth or tongue.  It is the ears.  Listening.  Listening within. 

The majority of our speaking has a specific energy flow ….from the mind, out through the mouth.  From the mind, out through the mouth.  From the mind, out through the mouth.  Speaking what we “think”.   Letting others listen to what we “know”.  Filling the silence with the busy-ness of the mind.

But to speak with our authentic voice we must first get very quiet and go deep within – changing the direction of this energy flow.  Noticing (earth), uncovering our true desires (water), awakening passion (fire), opening the heart (air) and then radiating all of this through our out breath in words.  From the tailbones connection to earth, through our very center and out through the mouth.  From the tailbones connection to earth, through our very center and out through the mouth.   Speaking as “you” from the heart.   Honestly.  With courage.   With this kind of talking, there is a whole lot less of it. 

So this week as I tried to rest my voice I could watch.  I would only speak when something needed to be said.  And I worked on my vibration.

As beings of energy we have a vibration.  You know how you can tell when someone is behind you, often before hearing them?  Or you walk into a room and instantly know that someone is angry?  You can feel them.  Our vibration communicates, affects others, and leaves a mark on the places we go.  And the more you begin to lead life and speak from the heart, the higher your vibration will become.  Like the perfect circle I spoke of in my last post, you begin to radiate love, the highest vibration…. And you become a magnet. 

You can also actively send your vibration out!  Try it.  Your vibration is a form of self expression, as much as, or possibly more than your voice.  Close your eyes and find some part of “you”, the real you, that you  don’t typically let others see.    For me it is what I have always referred to as my “wildness”.   For others it might be your soft side,  your sensuality, your humor, or your grit.  Something deep inside that the “persona” you have built up on the outside, can’t really express.   “Feel” what it feels like.  Then energetically spread the whole front of the body wide open, drop your shoulders to give your throat a lot of space, and send it out through vibration.  If you are alone, there may even be a sound you let out with it.    The more you do this, over time the easier it will become to let that part of you “OUT” all the time. 

How freeing!  Aaaahhhhh………………….  Can you feel me?

Not needing to speak,
SARAH


Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
            ~William Arthur Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment