Monday, July 4, 2022

......manifesting

Yogis,
I spent this past week in Stone Harbor NJ, one of the most beautiful beaches on the east coast, and had the joy of hosting all three of my sons, my two daughter in laws, and all three grandchildren. What could be better than that!

This annual event began the year my first born was turning one. Next week he turns 38.

Already the years with my three early rising, bursting with energy boys are blurry. I can best remember snippets. Those things that we did each year like clockwork. Digging the big hole on the beach. Standing in the long line at Springers for ice cream cones, which one of them would inevitably drop on the sidewalk. Watching the fireworks from beach chairs. The rituals.

Fast forward many years and now it is the grandchildren rising at dawn, eagerly asking me what I want to do the moment I walk out of my bedroom rubbing sleep from my eyes. I know that in the future these years too will be hazy without some markers. Being the nature lover that I am, I started the ‘nature walk’ a few years back.

One morning I announce that I am taking them to walk the trails in the bird sanctuary which sits at the end of our street. I ask if they remember doing it the year before and what we saw. I watch the wheels turning in their head and see sparks of recognition. Shoes on and off we go.

‘Maybe a turtle will be laying her eggs again’ my grandson says. ‘I hope we see bunnies!’ exclaims my bunny loving granddaughter.

We come to the entrance and there she is, smack in the middle of the path. Mom turtle digging vigorously with her back legs. Leg goes down. Claws grab dirt. She lifts her leg out of the hole and deposits the dirt. Over and over. Not fazed by our closeness, she has a job to do and is doing it well.

After a while we enter the sanctuary. A few steps in we hear something and see movement in the brush. A bunny hops out of course. She looks over. We ooh and aah and continue along.

‘We haven’t seen any frogs’ says my grandson as we turn the corner. As if on cue, I lift my foot to plant it for the next step and a frog leaps out from underneath. We visualize, we speak……we manifest.

They are now excited and start running. ‘We aren’t seeing anything!’ they announce. I call them back. I explain that the eyes required to see nature only turn on when we move very slowly. Nature is always there…..we just have to slow down to see it. Not a minute later we ‘see’ another turtle. A spider web. A mouse.


My manifesting skills have been a bit rusty lately. Being around the free spirit that sits unencumbered in children provided a much needed tune up. They believe. They fantasize. They expect. Therefore, they create. A turtle, a bunny or the dream job. It all works the same way.

My hope is that 38 years from now when they are asked about their childhood trips to Stone Harbor, the ‘nature walk’ will make it to the list, and they will still be effortlessly producing what it is that they want.

I create,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment