Sunday, December 23, 2018

......give what you want


Yogis,

I have a friend on my Christmas list that I couldn’t figure out what to give. Someone then mentioned a particular gift that they knew my friend was giving to two of their relatives. A light bulb went off.  Ah, I now know what to give them!

We give what it is that we want…….

I notice it in myself all the time. As I shop for gifts, I find things that I love (and wish I had) and find myself trying to think of who might like it. And how many times have you gotten a gift that you know is a favorite of the giver? It makes sense. If something makes us happy, we assume it will of course make the receiver happy as well.

It reminded me of one of the laws of the Universe. Give what it is that you want. Now I don’t think the spiritual law was intended for Christmas gifts.  It is a law that says once we uncover what it is that we want in our life…..our desires….our longings, we must give it. Where we feel there is lack, we should act from a place of abundance.

For example, if I want more love in my life, I should spread love wherever I go. If I want to be heard, I should sit and listen to others. When money feels tight, give to those in need.

It is like a current. The flow must be kept open. When we hold or hoard because of a feeling of not enough, the energy only becomes stagnant. It must flow through. Giving and receiving. Two sides of the same coin.

It’s been a year now since I retired from Xerox and the good steady monthly paycheck I had come to expect. At times I find myself holding my money tightly, especially at this time of giving. But focusing on lack will only cause greater lack. I know I will be financially fine, but this week I found myself stressing during those shopping days when it seemed that for hours at a time all I did was enter my credit card number. Expiration date and security code.

But as I walked under the magnificent full moon last night (which I hope you saw), she reminded me that there is enough. Enough of everything for everyone. I live in a state of abundance. We all do. So I went back in and put some cash in a Christmas card.

Blessings of abundance to all of you!

Om,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment