Sunday, July 15, 2018

.......bee-ing me


Yogis,
This week I chose to spend my time with the bees.

It honestly wasn’t a conscious decision. I headed out to the garden after taking Phoebe to the creek one late afternoon and noticed it was ‘bee time’. The sun no longer blazing on the bee balm, yet still gentle dappled sun, hot heavy air and several hours left before sunset. 

Bees of every size, shape and color…….

It became my daily routine.

Watching, listening and feeling them surround me as I sat.  Some avoided me, others checked me out and a few even accidently bumped into me as they flew on by. None bothered me in any way. I was simply part of their new landscape. I soon became ‘buzzed’ from their vibrations.

They also never tangled with each other. All varieties side by side as they shared the gifts the flowers had to offer. Nor do they prey on any other species. Bee-ing kind.

I then began to photograph them.

Have you ever tried to get a good picture of a bee? Well, you quickly realize where the phrase ‘busy as a bee’ comes from. They literally never sit still. Land, reach in, shimmy over, reach in, flap the wings, shake, fly to the next flower. Their wings flapping at an incredible 200 beats per second. Intent in their mission, there is no time to be wasted.

I found I had to find a spot, settle in and watch. Focus. Learning their timing and anticipating the next movement. At times standing, often on my knees and sometimes even sitting in the dirt.  Phone only inches from the hum. Steady breathing. Slow movement. No hurry. Bee-ing there fully.

In the matriarchy of the bee world, the queen rules the roost.  She lays 2000 eggs a day and the entire hive revolves around her. Directing the output of golden nutritious healing honey. Now that’s my kind of goddess!
I knew the picture I wanted.   I could see it in my minds eye.  I set my intention …….’I have a picture of a bee flying to the flower’.  I visualized it.  I ‘knew’ it would happen. Bee-lieving. I continued snapping trusting that I would capture the moment in time. And so, it came to ‘bee’…….

I am blessed to be able to share this space with the bees. Bee love.

Bee-ing me as often as possible,
SARAH


No comments:

Post a Comment