Sunday, June 3, 2018

.....a cup of tea

Yogis,

As I sit here writing this to you all (on the floor, of course!) I am sipping a cup of tea. A new Pukka flavor my sister gave me last week called ‘Womankind’.  A blend of rose, vanilla, shatavari root, licorice, chamomile and peppermint. The perfect antidote after a long walk on the canal in the soaking rain. 

Arriving back home with a dog that resembled a drowned rat, soggy socks and frizzy hair I felt the need to be warmed from the inside. Something that harmonized with the sound of the rain on the roof. Looking through my vast collection of teas, this one fit the bill perfectly.  The soothing energy of chamomile yet a gentle lift from the peppermint, surrounded by the heart opening feminine energy of rose. Just what I need on this gray Sunday afternoon.

So often a cup of tea is all you need…………………
It’s funny because I always hated tea.  I never understood how the British could drink it every afternoon and I was always embarrassed when someone served iced tea at an event because I simply couldn’t pretend to like it. Looking back the choices in teas were pretty limited and the quality was not that high, but in my mind tea equaled gross.

It wasn’t until someone gave me some Tazo teas one Valentines Day, in particular the Wild Orange, that I began to look at tea differently.  Perhaps she had something to offer which I hadn’t opened myself to.  Maybe the judgment I had made 25 years ago could afford to develop some cracks.  My love affair had begun.

Now I even have a tea station in my home with close to twenty choices……

I drink tea now. I invite people over for tea. I dry my plants to make tea. I have little mesh tea bags where you can make your own blend for a single cup. My bright yellow kettle gets a good workout.

Teas, like the plants they are made from have unlimited personalities. There are those teas who help with sleep, improve focus, calm the nerves and make you dream (thanks mugwort!). Blends for digestive concerns, immune system builders and those that calm menopause symptoms.  Lemon balm when I need to smile more and a good hearty Chai when life seems unsettled.  

Tea has become a dependable friend. Tea is good for the soul……..
Sereni-tea,
SARAH


No comments:

Post a Comment