Sunday, January 14, 2018

.......Mmmmmmmmm for moon

Yogis,
Oh Moon……I forgot what a great friend you are.

The Moon Month meditation program that I am leading began with the full moon on New Year’s Day so we are about half way through. I am personally observing her each day, reading facts and writing my daily email, so she is high on my mind.  We are spending a lot of time together. 

We are reconnecting……..  
As the full moon she rises as the sun sets.  Every night forward she rises about one hour later until she finally meets up with her cohort – the sun.  She the feminine, he the masculine.  Early in the month I would see her rise when going to bed as she lifted like a balloon through the leave-less trees in the east sky.  As I lie on my pillow I could watch her over my feet.

Mid night bathroom trips find her peering in through my south facing window lighting up my tremendous grandfather oak out front.  The pair together causes a catch in my breath. My companions.

As the month progressed I found my sleep interrupted in the wee hours.  As if she wanted to be sure we didn’t miss an opportunity for some quality time.  My toes now tracing a pink half-moon hanging in the sky. Reconnecting……

This week, she is a crescent rising in the east sky as I run through the sleeping town. No matter how many twists and turns I take, when I look up, she is following me….reminding me of the game we played as children trying to get out from under her rays.  Wherever you go, there she is. All of us under the same moon.

In the energy of this final waning moon we are asked to let go.  Old angers, judgment, fear of moving forward, belongings……….  Let go to make room for the new. As I step into my closet it pleads for me to clear some space.  I vow to the moon that I will.  Doubts I have been harboring lately – exhaling them away.

So by Friday night after dancing and then soaking in the hot tub (two moon energy openers) with the window open to feel the unusual 60 degree wet warmth, I could feel her move in me.  The wind picking up and blowing through my hair as I lie in bed with the skies suddenly opening to allow a deluge of yet more water to pour down on the earth.  Surrounded by her. Held. Reconnecting…….

If you want to feel more, connect with the moon. She offers intuition as your guide, allowing the twenty four hour thinking mind to take a much needed rest in the back seat.

MMMMmmmmmmmm………………..feels good.

I love you moon,
SARAH

*Take advantage of the early bird pricing for the 300 HR Yoga & Ayurveda Lifestyle Counselor training!  Details in tab above.


No comments:

Post a Comment