Sunday, March 13, 2016

.......something amazing

Yogis,
“Pause and notice this moment.  Different from any other moment you are going to have.  Every moment, a chance for something amazing.  So you don’t want to miss it!”

I say this in class often.  One of my mantras.  It reminds not only everyone attending class, but me to remember what is important.  This moment is what matters.   It is only in this moment that life can happen. Not tomorrow.  Not two weeks ago.  Here….now.

This week we had incredible weather, with 80 degrees days, blue skies and the tips of the trees turning color.  So I began each class with a short led meditation with the windows wide open where we paused to notice spring.  The stiller and quieter you get, the more your awareness sharpens.  We tuned into the sounds and smells and felt the air on our skin.  We breathed the energy of spring in.

In  the dark silence of yesterday’s early morning class, at the same moment I was saying to feel the air on the skin, a strong gust of wind blew through.  It literally came out of nowhere rattling the dried leaves on the tree and sending a burst  of much cooler air into the room.  You couldn’t help to not only notice it, but be moved by it. 

…..a chance for something amazing.
At the end of class someone said it felt like I had conjured it up with the meditation.  I laughed it off, but that stuck with me through my day. 

“I don’t have that kind of power!”  I thought.  But do I?  Do all of us?  When we become completely still, quiet the mind and truly notice someone or something, giving it our complete undivided attention, a relationship forms.  A give and take.  A bond. Why would the Universe be any different?  When we tune in, something amazing happens. 

I had forgotten about it by evening as I had my ‘busy’ day. 

Friday night.  Time to lean out the window (Hi FLOW members!).  As I moved my body out into the night air I was thinking about the notes I was going to send out to my meditation group over these next few days.  I took a deep breath and closed my eyes and paused to feel the night.  “I will write about looking at the sky.  Noticing it.  Really seeing it”. 

I opened my eyes and looked up,  just as a magnificent shooting star streaked across the sky leaving a trail of light in its path. It took my breath away.  Wow!  Thank you Universe!
…….every moment a chance for something amazing. 


Be sure to find the time in your day to be completely still.

To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
                ~Lao Tzu

Noticing this moment,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment