Sunday, September 6, 2015

....hills

Yogis,
It began on Friday.   What will I write about this week? 

I have been on vacation and in that mode of waking each morning only to that day.  Gliding through….run, tea, yoga, putter, beach, shower, drink on the deck, dinner, walk through town, bed.  Not looking back, but also not looking ahead.  So what was I going to write about on Sunday?

Each week there is some moment in time where the story begins to reveal itself.  But not this week.  Not on Friday.  Not on Saturday.  Not on Saturday night.  The whole night as I slept my dreams were new ideas floating up and then proceeding to pop like an air bubble.  Ugh, I will have to bring my pc to the beach and hope something comes to me.  But what if it doesn’t????? 

Oh no, my mind began to think – Writers Block!!!  It did feel like that.  Each idea hitting a brick wall - one after another.
So this morning in meditation I remembered what I teach.  I sat still.  I emptied my thoughts.  I stopped ‘trying’ so darn hard and asked and trusted that the Universe, as it always does, would guide me.  (just a note that after seven years this still takes a leap of faith for me…)

An hour later I am running and pass a beautiful blond and young guy at the bottom of a hill.  They were about to head up and I am coming down.  Obviously she was newer to running and he was coaching her along.  She was yelling “I don’t want to do this!” as he turned her up the hill.  She was laughing and loudly asking not to have to go up.  She yelled to me “you are heading downhill” to which I responded that I would very shortly be heading back up. 

‘Hills are your friend!’ I wanted to yell back to her as I would always remind my running group in our training runs for the marathon.  ‘Hills are what make you strong!!’

That was it, as the story came pouring in.  Crystal clear. 

Life is a series of hills.  Our challenges.  You may be heading up a steep incline and I may be breezing down a slow long slope.  But neither of us should become attached or begin to think that this is how life is, because in a blink of an eye you will be on the even flats and I will be putting my head down to climb again.    My supposed writer’s block was one such hill.  This time it was a mere bump and not a mountain, but who knows what the next one will be like.  Our hills are what bring us growth.  Challenge us to reach our potential.  Create our expansion.  Our greatness.  Without them we would be flat. 

So I will continue to remind myself over and over that ‘Hills are my friend!’......especially when they don’t feel like it.

No PC at the beach today – Thank you Universe,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment