Sunday, May 18, 2014

.......here I am

Dear Yogis,

This week we moved up to the energy of the throat…..Vishuddha Chakra.  Clearing the path that runs from the pelvic floor up along the front of the spine, through the throat and out of our mouths.  Speaking, not from the mind, but from deep within. 

Most of the day we use the opposite flow.  Telling what we know or asking questions to gather info.  We share with others what we read in the paper or heard on the news and report on what we saw in our travels.  We do a lot of “convincing” of other people of what we think, preparing our response in our heads as the other speaks.  Lots of information.  Data.  Pulling from the memory bank.

But our authentic voice comes not from the thinking mind, but from the feeling mind.  Here we speak what is true for us, not from what we learned, but what we have experienced.    It is the act of letting “you” out.

Animals do this so naturally.  I spent the day yesterday with cows.  When they have something to express the head goes up and the moo comes out.  No thinking involved.  My mama wren sings her beautiful song each and every time she lands.  It is so pure.   And the owls behind our house have been waking me many nights as their call echoes through the stillness of the night.  When I hear each of them I can feel them.  No masks.  No “making it sound like what the other wants to hear”.  Clear and plain.  They speak as they are.    (No kidding….I am out sitting on my rock and the owl JUST started hooting this minute!!!! – thank you Universe!!!! – isn’t life great.)

I have said it many times…..this is the area that asked for the most work from me.  I have always been cautious with my words, mainly so as to never offend or hurt another.  But the throat is also our place of free will.  It is where we choose.  So when we don’t speak our truths, when we don’t let “us” be heard, we hand over our will to others. 

I listened to a talk by a spiritual teacher this week – Panache Desai.  He talked to finding your voice.  What he said made it so clear to me.  So simple.  He said…..”I finally realized that talking as I thought others wanted me to was completely and utterly exhausting”.  He went on to say that he decided it was worth the risk to speak as himself from his heart and others could choose what to do with his words.  How incredibly freeing! 

On paper it sounds so easy.  But it isn’t for many of us.  It takes courage – fire.  It takes trust – heart.  We must believe that who we are deep within is perfect and that an expression of that is an expression of love.  When we speak like this there is a lot less of it.  And it is never hurtful because it is our expression of our inner truth, and not about what the other is, or does or should do.    

Today was my “Meditation 101” workshop.    I am to the point in my path that I allow the Universe to guide me when I teach.  I visualize a framework, but once I am there, I let go to spirit, trusting that what comes out is what everyone needs at that moment.   Today I put that to the test.    This was my first truly public forum.  I wanted everyone to get what they came for – which is different for each person.  But the message I kept getting this week was just to trust, relax, open and speak.  And that is what I did.  Speaking from deep within.  Clearing that path.   I let everyone see me.  And Panache was right.  It was incredibly freeing and felt perfect.  Hopefully the group agrees J


Mooooooooo…………………….

SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment