Sunday, April 13, 2014

creating life with rocks

Yogis,

I have always loved rocks.  When I was a little girl, wherever I went my eyes were toward the earth and if a rock caught my eye, in the pocket it went.  My rock collection was always a shoe box full of every day rocks in various sizes and shapes, in mostly varying shades of brown.  When most people would look in, I have a feeling they just saw a pile of rocks, but to me every one was special.  Every one brought back the memory of where I found it.  Each one felt different in my hand.  Each one had its own story and I never tired of hearing them.

So here I am 40+ years later and I am still collecting rocks…..

 
They just happen to be a little bit bigger…………….

But this isn’t a story about rocks, but about creating your own life.  We each create our lives.  We make choices in every moment of every day, even when we are unconscious of them, and even when our choice is to make no choices.  As infinite choice makers, when these are combined together, layered over each other, and in unity with our collective human choice making, this moment is created.   Life does not happen to you…….unless that is how you have chosen to live your life. 

So if you want different, choose different!

It begins with earth energy – becoming still enough, often enough to notice where you are.  Relaxing and sensing that at this moment everything is ok -and that your life from the next moment forward is unwritten.  A blank canvas with pure unlimited potential.   From there we dive into the movement and feeling that comes from the energy of water.  Here we go deep within to uncover our desires.   Not our simple daily wants, but those soul fulfilling, expansive things that make your heart sing. 

Then we create a vision – fire energy - seeing clearly what it will be like when what we want has manifested!  Feeling it as if it is already here.  Visualizing it with an unwavering focus.   And then choosing it and taking action.  Choosing to create.   And doing it (not trying…doing). 

So back to the rocks……………

In my back yard my medicine wheel garden is on one side.  I love my wheel.  I spend hours on end in there and love to bring others in.    On the other side of the backyard is a flat area overlooking the woods.  It has a special energy.  When I first noticed it I would sit on the ground there.  Then I placed a slice of a tree there.   I often had a vision of a huge rock there that I would be able to climb up on to sit or lay.  One time I was seeing a yoga platform there.   So I knew something was supposed to happen, but it wasn’t clear.  Seeing the blank space, knowing I wanted to create something special there and holding the vision but not tied to a specific outcome.

 
This winter during our street progressive dinner, one of the families lit their outdoor fire pit and we all sat late into the night warmed by the fire and the friendship in a connected community circle.  My vision now included fire. 

Each week I walk to the river to sit tucked away from the people and the path, usually on a rock.  I have been going to the same area for quite a while now, but one day I suddenly saw that where I sat was natures’ own sitting circle.  Various rocks creating their own perfect formation.  It was beautiful  This was it!    My vision was now clear.  Time for action!


A trip to our local quarry and 24 hours later 7 large rocks – well, I guess boulders - were lowered into my back yard.  I have stood, sat and laid in the clear open space to visualize which rock goes where.   I have walked the circle, traced it with a stick, measured it with my footsteps and imagined what it will be like once the rocks have been set.  I have meditated sitting on the largest of the rocks.  Knowing if I simply keep my vision and continue taking the steps forward, the Universe will co-create the perfect circle with me (with a little help from a local guy with a forklift). 

So is it just that I want a circle of rocks?  Is it for the look?  The resale value of the house?

No.  I wanted to create this as yet another step on my journey.  Now I see Goddess Gatherings, Full Moon parties, talking circles and a wonderful place to sit with friends for a cup of tea (or a beer) after a garden visit.  And who knows what I haven’t even imagined yet! 

Life is limitless so think big.   What you can see in your mind you can hold in your hand.  So what is it that you want?

……and I still find rocks in my pockets when I go to put my jeans in the wash.    

Creating life moment by moment,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment