Sunday, June 23, 2013

Crown......the journey of a single day.


Dearest Yogis,

Wow, Wow, Wow!!!   What a truly amazing summer solstice we had.  Warm with a gentle breeze, not a cloud in the sky, clear, bright, and teeming with the bursting energy of summer.  Friday was one of those days that was just perfect.  One of those days (at least here in our area) that you would be hard pressed to come up with one single thing that you wished were different. 

As we come to the closing of this particular chakra journey, I watched my journey through that single day.  Friday, June 21…..the summer solstice. 

5:15 am (yes, there are yogis who will agree when I ask if they can come even earlier sometimes), yoga class.  It was the 10th time in two weeks that I taught this version of a crown energy class.  Working on headstands to awaken the sensations at the top of the head.   Beginning to soften it, imagine it opening up to the sides and energetically reaching skyward.   A new student, who I was not expecting, comes to class.  New doors opening.  I closed the class, as we did all week, with a 25 minute Yoga Nidra, which is  a led deep relaxation.  Yogic sleep. 

So open and relaxed for my morning meditation.    I see my mullein out the window.  What an awesome plant she is!


As I headed out the door to head to my favorite store – the Coop – a bunny who has made his home in the backyard this week was there waiting.  Good morning!

 

Time for work.  But as I walk into my home office I see the box with Molly’s ashes sitting on my desk.   They had arrived last night.   Tears.   Opening it all up again.  Missing her.

A large business deal that I had been supporting from the sidelines all week clearly required me to jump in.  A sense of resistance.     I am trying to get ready to leave on vacation and this was going to need my energy and focus.  Why can’t they figure this out on their own…..Irritated.   Big exhale.  Get on the phone and be there.  Help.  Bring everyone back to a clear plan.  I see that this is what  I am good at, so it works.  Everyone feeling clearer and more confident. 

A call from one man that I work with over the phone quite a bit, but we don’t really “know” each other.  He mentions something about his doctor so I ask.  A business call takes a sharp turn and by the end we have agreed that I will help him learn to meditate via email.    The Universe asks so I give. 

Lunch was my weekly walk to the river.  First a baby turtle sunning himself on a leaf amidst the algae ….
Then the much larger version…..

The beauty of the river was breathtaking.  We are in the season of darning needles and dragonflies.  The deep croak of the frogs in the marshy areas can be felt deep in my core. 

 

But it was the view on my walk back that really opened my eyes wide.   Oh my……..
 

Finished working and set my vacation “out of office” and headed out to the garden to gather herbs to take to the beach.    Rosemary, oregano, parsley, basil, peppermint and thyme.    Aromatherapy just by clipping, burying my nose in them and bagging them for the trip.   The chipmunks and birds all know me now and descend into the circle to see what I have for them.  Noticing that I didn’t have anything, the titmouse clearly let me know that I should be heading back to the garage for the rations.  She follows me there with anticipation. 
 
 


Then the Friday night routine……. with a twist.  At our hot yoga class we ran into a young woman I know through my son who has recently gone through teacher training.  So good to reconnect with a fellow yogi.    And she let us know that Dale, who we have known since he was about 5, was playing with his band right down the street.  So we shook things up and went to a different restaurant!  They were awesome.  Everyone happy.  Everyone swaying to the music.  Made me feel young. 

9:15 pm – still dusk

Back for “time for me” as l lit the candles, turned on the music and hung out my back window to feel the woods.  Realizing how unbelievably nourishing/healing/life affirming this time is for me each week.  Taking care of ourselves can feel selfish, but it is quite the opposite.  It is the most important thing we can do.   If we aren’t at peace and fulfilled, how can we ever hope to pass that on.  Filling in order to share.

Lightening bugs like Christmas lights twinkling through the trees.   And the moon!!!  Have you been seeing her?    She beamed down on me as I soaked in the tub.   Feeling alive and in love with life. 

And fittingly, as we slept, a bat had gotten in the house and was flying around the kitchen.  My youngest son took it upon himself to catch and release it without even stirring us.  Proud of him. 

One day.  Just one day. 

………………

Full Super moon tonight!  Happy summer everyone.

 
He thinks he is hiding....but I keep telling him I can see him!
 

Keeping my eyes wide open…..don’t want to miss a thing,
SARAH

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, once again, for your blog. It comes on a day I need it the most, it seems. I saw my first lightning bugs last night while I was sitting out in the backyard with Lucky. Such simple pleasure right at our fingertips. I never tire of seeing them or hearing the very loud croaks of the frogs in the wetlands next door. I tried to take a picture of the glorious moon last night, as well, but my camera couldn't capture its splendor, aura and night clouds. So I just gazed for a few moments. I am blessed to be surrounded by nature and yet have Marshall's and community a mile down the road. I am grateful every day for my life.

    ReplyDelete