Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Birthday Invitation


Dear Yogis,
This week I have my birthday.  So as you would expect I am being asked what I “want”.  Hmmmmmmm…..  What do I want.

Now early January is probably not the best timing for a birthday.  I have literally just found places to put all of the things that I got for Christmas.  Is there anything else that I want?  Pause.  Pause some more.   No not really. 

It’s not that I don’t enjoy receiving a good gift.   I do.  But sometimes don’t the best gifts seem to be the completely unexpected and quite simple ones?  The ones where someone just thought of you and wanted to give. 

Over Christmas someone told me about a tradition where the person whose birthday it is, is the one who gives out gifts.  I have been thinking a lot about that.  I love it!  How good would you feel at the end of the day if you had given simple unexpected gifts to all that you encountered!    A chocolate bar to the post man.  A flower to the women who checks you out at the grocery store.  A $20 bill to homeless man you pass every day.  A big bear hug to one of your friends.   In giving we receive tenfold. 

So back to…..what do I want.  There is one thing – an energy connecting birthday celebration!


When:  Friday 1/11
Where:  The Universe (from the comfort of your own home)
Time:   9:15 – 10:15 pm
Attire:  Anything that makes you feel like “you”
Focus:  The New Moon

I would love it if this Friday night, during my “time for me” you would connect in.  For the whole hour, part of the time, or even 2 minutes! 

All it means is taking some alone time, getting still and grounded and then connecting in to me and the group by visualizing, feeling with your heart, or sensing through your third eye.  Candles are always nice.  For me music is a doorway (and maybe even played very loud!)  And then just being open to whatever happens.  Space is only an illusion and we can be together from anywhere at any time.  This is quite powerful. 

But my family will think I am odd!  Yep.  But they get used to it – trust me on this one.    I will be out that night.  Ok, sneak off to the restroom at some point, go into a stall, close your eyes and connect in for 1 minute.    This sounds nice for everyone else, but not me.  This journey requires us all to step into the uncomfortable. 

It reminds me of many years ago when I was on a board at our elementary school and we decided to have a “Virtual Fund Raiser”.  The idea was that since everyone was so busy and stretched so thin, you could just give money without having to attend anything, find an outfit to wear or get a babysitter.  No involvement.  Just presents, with no presence required.   This will be the complete opposite.  For this event the only thing needed is your presence.    

Friday is the night of the new moon.  A time to find stillness and go within.  A time to reconnect.  Let’s all do it together.  I will be holding the space and sending my vibration out to all of you.  And if anyone has any comments after, I would love to hear them!

 
Looking forward to “seeing” you,

SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment