Yogis,
I had gotten out of the habit.
For several years when I was at the beach I made it a point
to head down for sunrise often. Set the alarm and hop out of bed. This trip
though I have been sleeping in. Maybe I needed the sleep. Maybe it was because
we had guests most of the week. Maybe I am being lazy. Who knows. Last night though
someone mentioned sunrise.
At 4:30 I woke to use the bathroom and remembered the
mention. Rolled over and set the alarm for 5:30. Looked like it was supposed to
rain at 5 but then clear out.
Alarm went off and I checked the weather. Now the rain was
moved to 5:45. ‘You should go back to sleep’ my mind suggested. No, it should still end in time. Got dressed,
brushed my teeth and fed Phoebe. At 6:10 as the sky was beginning to lighten
she and I headed out the door…..to the first large drops of rain.
Again, my mind eagerly gave me every reason I should turn around and snuggle back into bed. I am going to get wet. I won’t see the sun actually rise. I am tired.
We headed to the car anyway, umbrella in hand.
Driving I can see the gray sky and how thick the clouds have
become. Windshield wipers going. This is silly I think. Yet I parked, lifting
her out and the raindrops lessen.
We head over the dune and then I see it. The clouds are
covering the entire sky except for a thin slice they left right along the
horizon. The perfect window formed from which to see the sun’s grand entrance
into this new day.
And a grand entrance it was indeed. Colors, swirls, bright light, warmth and to top it all off…..a rainbow forming over the dune.
Life has clouds and this period of time seems to have more
than its share. I was reminded this morning though that even with clouds I
should always get up, move forward with purpose and trust, and be open to the
beauty of the unexpected.
We never know what the day will bring but most often I find it to be quite miraculous.
Hello sun,
SARAH



No comments:
Post a Comment