Sunday, April 14, 2019

.....life lessons from a garden


Yogis,
My garden is my continual teacher. Like any good teacher she surprises me with new ideas and demonstrates concepts in a multitude of different ways, but she also reminds me over and over of some of the most basic principles to make sure they take root.

This week she reminded me once again about the energy of empty space.

I was down on my knees removing the weeds (remember the definition of a weed is – a plant located in a place you don’t want it) from my circle. There is one particular plant that showed up a few years ago and now would love if I allowed it to spread and be the only plant in my wheel. So, one by one I was digging them out of this area........
I noticed that the red bergamot I planted two years ago is now spreading beautifully, creating a carpet in the south quadrant of the garden. The black eyed susans too have filled in their area quite nicely. Yet the area where I was doing my removal was now left bare as I removed these plants. Clear space. Empty. Somewhat satisfying to see this place of nothing that I had created. A void.

But then the garden whispered in my ear. Remember. A void is empty, containing nothing…….yet it contains the potential of absolutely everything. What is it that you want?

I know I don’t want that particular plant in this area, but if I leave the earth bare, without question something will grow there. May be a pleasant surprise or could be something even less appealing or stubborn. Instead, I should choose what I want and plant it there!

Once something is removed, and space is created energy will organize to fill it once again. Just look at your closet if you want a good example! It is a law of the universe and you can choose to work with it or against it. You can insist on a ‘weed free’ bed covered only with mulch and do battle all summer or plant a sea of lavender and mint in which to lie.  Which will it be?

No different in life. When something in our life isn’t serving us we often focus on its removal. If, however we aren’t clear on what we want in its place the new that sweeps in could hold the exact same energy. Negative relationships repeated one after another. A string of unsatisfying jobs. One addiction replacing another.  

This is why intentions are always stated in the positive. Don’t tell the Universe what you don’t want. Let it know clearly what you do want and then go to work co-creating it. The Universe loves clarity and has unlimited organizing power to draw things toward you. But you must plant the seed.

Zinnias. That is what I want in the space. I can visualize them now. A spray of vivid flowers covered with monarchs and hummingbirds.  Yes, that is what I want!

Time to buy the seeds……

What is it that you want?
SARAH

We love Bluebell season!

No comments:

Post a Comment