Sunday, November 4, 2018

......the earth waves


Yogis,

The colors of autumn have taken their sweet time arriving. It’s now November and Thursday was the first day I could truly see the changing hue of the landscape. No longer a blanket of green, the view from my bedroom window now includes a splash of scarlet from the dogwood, varying shades of gold intermixed and the deep ruby red of the berries.

Walking along the canal there is one stretch where the entire canopy is now a warm yellow illuminated by the rays of the low-lying sun. Their color striking against the blue sky. My view of the water below and rock formations overhead framed by this palette was breathtaking. Wow. One of those moments where I am reminded of the unbelievably amazing planet that we all call home. 

Earth………
Yes, I have times where I take it all for granted. When I take my walks without noticing. Instead, buried in my thoughts, noticing what isn’t right. The temperature, my mood, the airplanes or the full schedule I have ahead. Until the earth waves, as it did this week.

Recently it has been the mushrooms winking at me and luring me close enough to see the unique beauty each has to offer. The variations in their coloring, size, shape and texture are beyond my imagination. I drop down to see them through the lens. In capturing them up close I am reminded how every pattern that we boldly believe we have dreamed up, already exists in nature. She is the ultimate artist.

The speckled pattern on the large toad I stumble upon while lifting sticks from the pile to build a fire. Each leaf that my foot lands on a piece of art. 



The sculpture created by unearthed tree roots intertwined in conversation with those around it. Lime green moss lighting up the gray rock on which it hangs. At times struck by the wonder around me. How could I possibly forget?

Yet I do. Often. I suppose that is human nature. To somehow get so wrapped up in the artificial surface stories and dramas we create that we stop seeing the source of life that nurtures us day after day without complaint.  


The energy of a mother, caring for us even when we aren’t noticing. How incredible it is that every day when I wake I get to play in her abundance.

A breeze picks up and suddenly it is raining leaves. My heart smiles. She is waving yet again…….

I wave back,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment