Sunday, April 8, 2018

.....spring has sprung


Yogis,
Every year it catches me by surprise. It must happen overnight while my head is buried deep in my pillow. Or maybe it is while I shower. During the day I am sure I am watching, and I know I have been patiently waiting, yet it never ceases to blow me away!

The springing forth of spring!
How amazing is nature?? Only a few weeks ago the earth was barren with its multiple shades of tan and brown. How could life possibly rise from that dense, hard, cold ground. Yet yesterday as I looked about I spotted the yellow of the forsythia, the pink of the red buds and masses of puffy white flowers floating overhead on the pear trees.  


I walked the river banks through the hidden fields of bluebells. A fairy tale setting only steps from my front door. During bluebell season I feel like Snow White. Tucked back in the woods they bloom not for anyone, but simply because they are ready. Ready after a long rest to once again grow, bloom and shine their beauty outward. 

Beginning to lift the thick soggy piles of leaves off the garden I am astonished. Anise hyssop, yarrow, oregano, mugwort and burdock all smiling up at me, asking what took me so long.  Ms Stinging Nettle taking up more real estate than I had hoped, eager to help protect me from the coming allergy season. Echinacea sprouts visible where I had simply sprinkled last years dried flower heads on bare ground in the fall.  All of them ready.

Like a magic trick, the bright sunny faces of the dandelions suddenly spot my lawn as they enthusiastically wave hello.  A mood lifter indeed.  Have you ever seen a grouchy dandelion? A few delicate violet flowers mixed in to complete the color palette. 
When I get quiet I can almost hear the surge of energy bursting forth. It is a powerful force that can’t and won’t be held back. The ducks pairing up, the enthusiastic songs of the birds at dawn and the comedy of the reliable robins trying to get through my house windows. Throwing themselves against the glass…..over and over and over. 

Time now for us too to spring forward.  The season to get up off the couch, turn our faces to the sun, grow, expand and shine our beauty outward.  To begin taking those steps toward creating whatever it is that we want.  The plants are ready. Are you?

Let’s go!
SARAH



No comments:

Post a Comment