Sunday, April 1, 2018

......a whirlwind


Yogis,
Ok Universe. I know I said it. I know I visualized it. Yet somehow I wasn’t expecting it to actually manifest……and so quickly! Quite the sense of humor you have. When will I believe what I teach.

Last Sunday night I ended my post like this - ‘I keep thinking that each of us should be required to spend one day a year in a mandatory service project where we are paired up with others that are completely different from ourselves.  Where we are forced to talk, work together, figure things out and look each other in the eye.’  Monday morning it all began…….
I had been summoned to report to jury duty bright and early. I packed my lunch, two books and my PC as I had been down this road before. Remembering how I sat and sat and sat in the jury lounge until finally being excused. Certain I would be home and done by 4.  But the whirlwind kicked in lifting my feet off the ground.

Almost immediately I was being led to a courtroom with 100 others in my same boat, being asked questions and waiting for the next 9 hours, until as evening arrived I found myself sitting in the jury box with 11 of my peers.  A probable two week trial beginning the next morning. 

With one simple phrase of ‘allow the juror to sit’ my calendar was wiped cleaned. The wind had swept my foundation out from under me. The Universe had other plans.

Frantic texts and emails that night as I rescheduled, cancelled, look for dog care and let everyone know I would be unavailable. My new way of life suddenly upon me. Mornings spent packing up my backpack, handing out the days instructions and commuting. The days filled with sitting, intent listening, new faces, unfamiliar terminology and plenty of ‘hurry up and wait’. 

Arriving home in the evenings only moments before a class or Reiki client. A quick dinner, figuring out who needed instructions for the next day and heading to bed. Only to begin again in the morning. With the winds old things blew over or away and were replaced by new. No time for my practice, eating different foods, living on a different schedule. By the end of the week the name of the day held no meaning as all my touchpoints were missing. Feeling as if I had been blown into unfamiliar territory.

Tomorrow begins another week. Not sure I would want to live my whole life in this windstorm, but it has given me some new perspectives.  When the winds of change come your way, there really is no better choice than to let go and be carried. Trying to control or fight against the wind does not cause you to come in for a landing and only causes suffering.  And as I have been blown about my mind has had no opportunity to think about yesterday or worry about tomorrow since the present has been requiring my full attention.  

But of course, with the discomfort of sudden change arrives growth. I will see where my feet land when the winds die down and I have the chance to look about.

Universe – I said one day!

The wind at my back,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment