Sunday, October 22, 2017

Conscious Creating.....me to we

Yogis,
What have you been ‘doing?’  This week I had someone help me set up my PC to support my new ventures, planted roots of some medicinal herbs I want to work with, got a quote on renovating a bathroom so I can host  weekend retreats (who wants to come?) and created a flyer for a workshop I plan to hold.  All small steps toward…..

The energy of leaning in, doing, forward movement are all the energy of fire. The Sun. Heat. Change. Transformation. It is this heat that sparks the creation.

What matters here is consistency. Discipline. Over and over and over and over.  Referred to as tapas, it is our outward wink to the Universe that we are going. Again, these aren’t difficult actions, but as human ‘doers’ we have a deeply ingrained belief that we must go full blast and we burn ourselves out. It’s too hard. Instead approach this as doing, pausing, noticing and then doing again. 

This would be like the weeding and watering of a garden. We notice that we love peas and that we want to grow them ourselves. We visualize serving a beautiful salad with fresh peas to our friends. We plant the seeds but then must care for them. If we plant and leave town our vision is unlikely to manifest. If we only water every ten days because we don’t feel like going outside on hot days our peas don’t have much of a chance. Without the light of our focus nothing will grow. Not peas and not our soul’s dreams. 

For me one of my daily tapas is my meditation.  Every day at 6:30 am.  Every day.  Are there days I don’t feel like it?  Yes (like this morning after our annual Lobsterfest that had me up until midnight.)  Does my mind tell me it is ok to skip every now and then? Of course (and it can be so convincing.)  Do I do it anyway? ABSOLUTELY. 

I do…….but at the same time……
I trust. Recognizing that there is a force great than us. Whatever that may be for you…..nature, a god, the universe, the divine, the great mystery. The magic. You aren’t alone on this path. Moving from me to we……

A force that can paint the sky with rainbows and produce fields of flowers so beautiful that they bring us to tears.  Shooting stars, seahorses and the colors on a butterfly wing. The pounding of the waves, the taste of a perfectly ripe strawberry and the smell of grass after the rain. The sacredness of this life that we alone cannot take credit for no matter how hard we try. From me to we…..

We keep the doing but surround it with an unwavering faith that we are hand in hand with a partner and that our vision will indeed manifest.  In due time. No doubts and no worries.  Simply putting one foot in front of the other and loosening the white knuckled grip we have on life’ s reins.

Not always easy.

Leaning in,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment