Sunday, April 16, 2017

.....deer medicine

Yogis,
A couple of weeks ago Phoebe came back from the woods with this for me…….
A deer skull.  I have always wanted a deer skull.

We each have a power animal. An animal whose spirit resides within us, increasing our own power and protecting us from illness. Somewhat like a guardian angel. Or a life guide. I have known for some time that mine is the deer.

They are typically animals from the wild but can be mammals, sea creatures, reptiles or insects.  Some of you will know right away what yours is as you read this. Perhaps an animal that you love to look for, read about, draw or have on some of your clothing or jewelry.  Maybe as a child you collected their figurines or pictures. Others may want to ask the Universe to show you yours and then notice what animal keeps appearing in your life over the next couple of weeks or months.

We all also have spirit guides that come in and out of our lives at different times when we need their guidance, but our power animal is a lifelong partner. When you discover yours it will fit beautifully and there will be no question. By invoking its essence it will intensify your innate natural abilities.

When I received the skull I went back to my book and on line to read again about what the deer medicine is. 

‘Deer’s medicine includes gentleness in word, thought and touch. The ability to listen and appreciation for the beauty of balance. Understanding what’s necessary for survival, the power of gratitude and giving, and a connection to the woodland goddess. You have a propensity to see new innocence and freshness in life everywhere ’

‘Deer medicine give the knowledge of how to use the power of gentleness to touch the hearts and minds of wounded beings in your life. Deer has the gentleness of spirit that heals all wounds. Deer does not push to get others to change. Deer loves them as they are.’

When an animal is your ‘totem’ it helps you to receive and embody its energies. When you do, it is a power within that aids you in personal healing, as well as healing others and the world around you. 

One of the sites recommends that when you come upon deer you should say ‘hello’ as if greeting an old friend. I have always done that to show them I am no danger to them. But I was reminded of it this afternoon as I came upon this small herd. As I yelled hello and waved, they quickly formed a line and turned toward me in unison. 
I knew it was time to write about deer medicine. 

What is your power animal?

Grateful to the gentle deer,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment