Sunday, March 12, 2017

....the power of zero

Yogis,
The Universe has some basic underlying laws.  Principles, that when understood and applied, can transform life from one that requires constant hard work, struggle and grit, to a life created with ease. Tuning ourselves into the rhythm around us and harnessing its power.

We are creators……but with very little training. 
Look around you right now. Every single thing you see came from nothing.  This room where I now sit is filled with books, artwork, my alter, rocks, oils, my twisted walking stick and my plants. My newest playlist filling the air. Nine years ago when I moved into this house the room was barren.  I hadn’t heard of essential oils, had never considered teaching yoga, didn’t own an IPOD and would have laughed if you suggested I would drink stinging nettles. Step back two years before that and this room itself didn’t exist. In this space sat the back yard of my 90 year old next door neighbor. I could watch this open space from my desk in the previous house.

Yet here I am. And it all began with an electrical impulse…….a thought. But where does even that come from? 

I am currently reading a book where there is a discussion on mathematical principles. One described is the axiom of zero. That in order to understand any other number, we must first believe that zero exists.  Nothingness. The absence of all.  Because without it, what would be the meaning of 2 or of 10?  However, the axiom of zero cannot be proven.  It requires trust. I googled the idea and found this:  “Most of us take zero for granted, but there was a time when it simply didn’t exist, until some enterprising Babylonian soul inserted it as a placeholder in Eastern counting methods. The ancient Greeks banned its use, the Hindus worshipped it, and eventually it became one of the most important conceptual tools in mathematics. It is ‘infinity’s twin’. “

Nothing…….from which everything comes. Birth. Creation. The beginning, but also the end. Death. Pure infinite potential. 

Each and every one of us has this sea of possibilities swimming within us. We create every day.  Every minute. With each and every breath. We just spend most of the time doing it completely unconsciously. But when we begin to realize that we can direct it….that we can actually choose what to create and then manifest it with minimal effort – Wow! We are unstoppable. 

How do we tap into this inner power? How do we touch our own field of zero?

Its home is within stillness. We must take the time each day to do nothing. Be nothing. See nothing.  Only then will it unveil itself. This is the gift that meditation offers. The transport that carries us back to zero….the twin of infinity.

The ‘Spring Planting’  program that I am offering this year, beginning next Monday 3/20 will be a guide to meditation, but also to a few of the other Universal laws that will get you started on conscious creating. The dandelions and tulips too will be growing and we will learn from them.  Less effort, more tuning in. I would love to have you along on this journey. 


I am fierce,

SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment