Sunday, January 1, 2017

....my word for 2017

Yogis,
By now you know how I love words. Not necessarily their spelling or how to best use them in a sentence. But their essence.Their energy. How they make me feel. 

A friend gave me a candle over the holidays  She knows I use a lot of candles in my life. White in a mason type jar. A simple label. “Be Fierce”. 

Fierce. Yes!!!  As soon as I saw it I knew. That was it. The word that gives the feeling tone for my intention for 2017. For my vision. Fierce. 
I know, I know.  I am not exactly what you probably visualize when you hear the word fierce.  And I’m not referring to the definitions most widely found.  ‘Intense or ferocious aggressiveness’ – no.  ‘Violent and destructive’ – goodness no, not that either.  ‘Cutthroat or competitive’ – uh, NO. 

Fierce.  ‘Showing a heartfelt and powerful intensity’. Yep, getting closer. ‘The combination of a positive mental spirit, bold words and unapologetic actions used collectively’. Yes. I like that.  Brave. Loyal. Focused. From the Latin ferus -untamed. 

Fierce is the exhilaration I feel in a good summer thunderstorm. Being exactly who I am.  Moving forward with strength and courage. An inner unwavering strength to be bold. What I need more of right now.  

So my mantra for the New Year is ‘I am fierce’. I close my eyes and feel it in my bones. Stepping into my power. 

What is your word? You may already know it, but if not let the Universe know you want one and stay open. You will recognize it when it arrives. And once you have yours I would love to hear it.  Send me a note with…….
‘I AM _________’.  

Feel what you want and say it.

Hear me roar,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment