Sunday, December 4, 2016

.....nothing new

Yogis,
Hi!  “How are you?”   Good I respond.  
“What’s new?”   Uhmmmm….nothing really, I say. 

Sound familiar?  A standard conversation. Chit chat. Yet lately it is becoming a little too familiar for me……………………..
“What’s new with you?”  A simple question.

The old standby……jumping right into what’s new with the kids, what’s new at the company, what’s new in the house.  All great sharing, but what is new with me?

This past week as I had this very conversation yet again, for some reason it was as if I was observing it from afar.  Seeing myself doing a quick mental scan to find what was new and coming up with “no matches found”. And realizing that this had become a new norm. Suddenly I felt stuck. In a rut.  Like the needle in a record where the same line plays over and over and over.

We all know that with water when we place boundaries around it, restricting the inward and outward flow, it stagnates. It loses its life force. We are no different, and sometimes we too need a little plunging.  

You can feel when you are in life’s flow.  Letting go of the old is done with ease and each day offers new sights, sounds and sensations. When I am in this place I can’t wait to get up in the morning to see what the new day will bring and I am equally as excited to go to bed to dream about all that I experienced. Right now I am not feeling that.

I could say that nothing new has come my way, but that is a cop out. The Universe is an infinite provider of all that is new each and every moment of each and every day, but you have to be listening and have the gates open. For some reason, I am not listening. 

You know when you are having a discussion with someone and as they speak you are forming your entire response in your head.  You hear them but you aren’t truly absorbing any of  it since you already know what you believe and what you want to say. Notice it next time you are talking. Well, that is what I have been doing with the Universe right now.

Brand new ideas float by, people suddenly appear in your life, yet another brochure for that class you insist you are going to take some day arrives in the mail, someone suggests a book you may like, a new position opens at work………oh I don’t have time .….I can’t afford that….. I want to but……  All the typical artificial boundaries we erect at times which hold us cemented in place.  Often it is fear that keeps us in the comfortable, but that comfortable eventually begins to feel like a shirt that has shrunk a size or two. 

So I am telling the Universe ‘I am ready to move again!’ Asking for guidance. And listening.  Listening with my whole body for signs on which way to turn. 

As I walked out in the cold to the garden with new open eyes I spotted the bunny above nestled in under my mint. Animals are one of life’s many messengers so I looked up its meaning….

Rabbit:
“This is a very creative time for you, so it’s important to quickly take advantage of any opportunity that comes your way unexpectedly. You’ve been feeling sedate and lacking in vitality and want to perk yourself up”

NiceJ

An ‘open’ sign now placed on the crown of my head,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment