Sunday, July 17, 2016

......a new day

Yogis,
Phoebe knows my routine down to the minute.  When my alarm goes off in the dark of the early morning she barely stirs, as she knows I first go in to use the bathroom and brush my teeth.  Then into my closet to dress. It isn’t until the click of the closet light going off that she leaps into action.  Running ahead of me into the hall with her entire body wagging.  Huge grin as she rubs against me and the wall with uncontained exuberance as we make our way downstairs.

“Yay!  A new day!”  I say to her each morning.  She never forgets that each day is brand new.  A blank slate on which amazing things can and do happen.  She never forgets.  But I sometimes do.  Good thing I have her to remind me.
Children are the exact same way.  I have vivid memories of groggily walking into the boys room after being woken from a deep sleep by their call.  Finding whoever was youngest standing in their crib in feet pajamas bouncing up and down so hard that the whole crib was rocking.  Huge grin.  “Yay! A new day!” their body language shouted from across the room.  Young children never forget.  Good thing we have them to remind us.

This week as I spoke those words to Phoebe each morning I decided to set the intention to live them myself.  To enter the day with my eyes wide open to all possibilities.  To be ‘dog-like’ and ‘child-like’.  And no day disappointed. 

Day #1……walking quickly past the garden but something makes me slow.  Well hello Mr. Frog!  He even waited patiently while I went in to get my camera.  Striking a pose.
Day #2…….. Mommy wren.  Her song is the sound I wake to through my open window, but also follows me throughout the day as my open office windows face her home as well.  I realized that her voice is my day long personal serenade as she tends to her new family.  In fact – I hear her right now.

Day #3….. When a flower like this blooms in front of your eyes, how can your heart not stir

Passionflower

Day #4………My grandson Johnny takes his first steps!  And so his journey begins.
Day #5……. Have you been catching glimpses of the moon??  Pure magic.  Look for her over these next few nights as she waxes to full and open yourself so she can fill you too.
Day #6 ……The tastes and smells of summer food.  Corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, basil.  And peaches.  My mouth feels as if it is attending a month long fiesta!

Try it this week.  Set the intention when you first step out of bed.  “Yay!  A New Day!”  And watch with eyes, ears and heart wide open.  Amazing things await you……….  I would love to hear what arrives for you.

Thanks Phoebe,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment