Sunday, June 19, 2016

....I forgot to relax

Yogis,
We each have a dharma.  A gift we have been given.  Something that we do uniquely from anyone else that when allowed to bloom and find its right course, is of service to others.  And the best side benefit is that when we are doing it, we feel alive and fulfilled.  Our purpose.  We all have one.

Some find theirs quite young.  Others as adults.  Sadly some never allow theirs to rise to the surface and take shape, even though they can feel it coursing through them.  Perhaps it doesn’t seem a worthy endeavor or there is fear of failing.  But there is no need to worry, for if we can hear its call and follow, it will never lead us astray. 

What is yours?  Mine is helping others to relax……………
I think people like to be around me because I relax them.  Probably unconsciously most of the time, but when we are together things loosen up.  Sitting down at the river, sharing around my fire pit, taking off our shoes, music, dancing.  Yoga.  Meditation. Lavender oil.  Less talking, less worry, less rushing and more being.  It was this gift that led me to teaching.  And when I use it, time stops.

Should we start dinner now?  No….let’s sit a while longer.   

Part of it is I don’t like the feeling of tension.  It is uncomfortable for me both in my mind and my body.  Like a clenched fist where nothing new has any chance of getting in.  Relaxed is defined as ‘free from tension and anxiety – at ease’.  It feels SOOOOOO much better.  More space.  Like finally taking the heels and tight dress off at the end of the evening (not that I ever wear heels or tight dresses any more….)  Able to breathe fully.

But somehow this past year while teaching others to relax, I forgot to.  I became somewhat hardened.  Pushing my body, pushing my schedule until this injury forced me to stop.  A wake up call.  One that isn’t going to completely leave me until it is sure I have returned to my natural state.  Until I am – at ease. 

Should I tell them what I really think?  Let it go.... let’s go watch the moon rise.

It’s interesting to me that this has also coincided with my own journey through menopause.   Shifting from mother to wise woman.  The waning moon.  Not accomplishing any less, but doing it all with less effort.  Allowing instead of pushing.  Knowing vs thinking.  In fact when we relax we accomplish more.  Much more.  Yet for some reason I continued steamrolling. 

I just forgot.  But I have noticed (earth)……I want to go back to my natural state (water)…….I will sit in my garden more and I can re-strengthen my belly while keeping it soft as I get back to my routine (fire) ..……and I have complete faith that I will be healed and feel free and open once again (air). 

Should I pull more weeds this afternoon?  No, the garden looks beautiful as it is.  I think I will lie back and enjoy it.

Barefoot,

SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment