Sunday, June 12, 2016

....becoming the unicorn

Dear Yogis,

A friend sent this to me.  It is perfect!

This is how I feel every single time I practice.   I…..and life become more colorful.   More alive.  More vivid.  As if the switch has been turned on.

it isn’t only the individual daily practices.  It’s also the cumulative effect that yoga has had on my life over these past 16 years. Life and I have become fuller.  Life before yoga…..life after yoga.

Nor is it solely the physical practice – the asanas.  It’s also the breathing, the meditation, the setting of intentions, the healthy diet, the slowing down and the inner focus.  Lifestyle before yoga……lifestyle after yoga. 

But the most important gift that yoga gives is the witnessing of this moment.  It teaches us complete presence.   This moment, when noticed (which doesn’t happen too often in our busy lives) in its entirety, without distraction is so perfect and so complete that we become the unicorn.  Life appears ‘other worldly’.  As if anything could happen…..and does.  Distracted before yoga………right here after yoga.

Let’s notice this moment.  Become still.  Completely still.  Hear the sounds around you - not only with your ears, but your whole body.  Relax.  Notice the colors and textures.  Feel the air brushing against your skin.   Now watch your next 3 breaths.  The universe moving through you.  Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh……………

This moment is unique.  This moment is different from any other you are ever going to have so you don’t want to miss it. 

My hair is now wild and I think I am ready for the sunglasses!

Psychedelic,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment