Sunday, July 13, 2014

What to expect when you are expecting......

Yogis,

Expect what you expect.  What do you expect?

The word “expect” has been showing up in my life lately.  When I paused to observe it, I noticed that it has many levels of meaning, yet it gets used often and loosely without a lot of thought.  But when you stop to really feel the energy of the word…..it is quite powerful.  It, by itself, is a statement.  An intention.  I expect……


What do you expect?

Definition:  regard (something) as likely to happen.  Anticipate, await, look for, bank on, envision, predict. 

What do you expect?  Because whatever it is that you are expecting……be it good fortune, money issues, being taken advantage of, amazing experiences every day,  or another night of no sleep……expect it to happen.    Expecting takes all that I have been talking about and rolls it up into one nice package.  Seeing, moving toward and trusting.

So expect with intention!  Be conscious of what you are going to expect….and expect it!! Can you feel what that is like?

I realized in my dancing with the Universe last Friday that I expect many things.   I expect excellent health, my finances to work out, and the animals to trust me more each day .  I expect to be sexy, my garden to flourish, and to be able to heal any injury I get.  I expect to be love, to age gracefully and to learn and grow until my last breath.  I expect to be guided by the Universe.   I don’t ask for it, or hope for it……I just expect it.  From very deep within.  Central to my being.   Living from that space.

I expect………

I hadn’t realized that I had all of those expectations.  They just have seemed right to me, and I guess I assumed everyone expected them.  And when I close my eyes and sense what true “expecting” feels like, I can see that is has nothing to do with thinking.  I haven’t thought out my health, my aging or the best way to get the plants to grow.  In fact, if I start thinking about it all I can quickly begin to second guess my expectations.  So I don’t let that happen.  I move away from the brain and back into the body…the feeling mind. 

I expect……..

The flip side which is quite common is to expect the worst, but hope for the best.  And then wonder why the good isn’t happening.  Worry is an example of this.  I heard a terrific quote this week.  Worry is “planning for a negative future”.   All you have to do is check out Weather.com to see how our world feeds into that way of thinking.   I check it quite often just for a good laugh to lighten my day.  About 90% of the time there is some dire headline.  I just checked and today’s is:  Dangerous threat to East Coast revealed!

The other way “expecting” can go awry is when we set expectations for others or for the world around us.  That is the fast lane to suffering.  Others have their own expectations and they are all doing the best they can with where they are and what they have at the moment.  So they don’t need our will placed on them.    Simply see them for who they are.  What you expect should never be dependent on another.

Other definition of expect:  regard someone as likely to do or be something
Synonyms:  Suppose, presume, think, imagine, assume, surmise   - Notice how ungrounded those all are??

Shakespeare said:  “I always feel happy.  You know why?  Because I don’t expect anything from anyone.”  However you can expect for example to be treated with respect, but that comes from you and how you live and the vibration you send out, not by your setting parameters for the other.  You expect respect because you live with that vibration.

Does all of this mean that life won’t throw some unwanted, unexpected, unwelcome or uncomfortable circumstances our way.  Well…..no.  But does that mean I should live my life any differently.  Well….no. 

Expect.  Expect the moon.  Expect miracles. Expect more.  Expect happiness……and a life worth living. 

Flower from my Marshmallow plant
I expect to be able to see the good in everyone (because then I do),
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment