Sunday, August 25, 2013

I STILL want to feel it all........


Aaahhhhhh…….Feeling yogis,

So this week I worked on feeling it all.  I realized that it isn’t just something we can say we want, sit back  and hope that it happens.  That is called wishing.  I want to manifest it in my life. To make it how I live.  I want to continually move closer to feeling it all…..
 
 

So here is how my week went!

Step 1 – Lots and lots of breath.   And then more breath.  Breath makes you feel.  Breath awakens the body.  The more breath, the more life.  So we worked with the three part breath.  We have 3 distinct sets of breathing muscles – belly diaphragmatic breathing, rib cage thoracic breathing and finally upper chest heart opening breath.  We need all 3 in order to breathe with the entire body. 

So we took long slow 3 part inhales. The belly breathing connects us to earth, grounds us and awakens sensation and desire.   Then the thoracic breath pulls it up, giving it some fire, strength and forward movement.  While the final upper chest breath spreads the heart wide open and turns on our feelings of love and compassion.    And the complete exhale…..like a rolling pin down the front of the body releasing out ALL of the breath, and with it anything we no longer need. 

Wonderful to practice this while lying on your back with knees bent.  I demonstrated this in class but would love to have all of you practicing it with me!  So if anyone knows someone who would be willing to videotape me doing it so I can post it, please let me know. 

Step 2 – Time with nature.  Go outside.  A lot.  Barefoot.  Sit still and just notice.  And the longer you sit very still, the more you will notice.  It is as if the world opens itself up to you, revealing its innermost secrets.



 
This weekend I tried to be outside for every moment possible since it was so gorgeous.  Yesterday I spent most of the day in my garden enjoying time with Bunny Rabbit, chipmunk, hummingbird, butterflies and almost every type of bee you can imagine.   I slept out in my tent and soaked in the moon beams that were shining down on me throughout the night. I awakened to all of my gourd blossoms in full bloom welcoming in another beautiful day – and the return of every type of bee you can imagine. 


Step 3 – Movement.  Yoga. Walks.  And Rockin!!!  Nothing like Boston’s “Smokin” in the middle of yoga classes this week at peak volume to get us all moving!  And whether you enjoyed it, felt self conscious, rocked to it, or wished it would go away – you must admit you felt something…… 

For some reason dancing with abandon like that made me giggle.  Every time I practiced this week – both in and out of class – when the song ended I broke into a true, out loud belly laugh (if anyone walked in on me during the day they would have thought I was crazy – but I am used to that now).   And I noticed that surrendering yourself to the beat leads to an incredible sense of relaxation at the end of class.  Did you all feel that?

Step 4 – Try not to think so darn much……   Less thinking and more being.  Everything at this moment is exactly as it is supposed to be so don’t struggle against it.    And whatever it is that you want to manifest in your life, see it and feel it.  Live as if it is already here.  And voila!  It will be. 
 
The combination and accumulation of sensations from steps 1-4.....feels awesome.

I love you Bunny Rabbit!

 
I love you all too!
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment