Sunday, August 18, 2019

.....plenty


Yogis,
A word that has been resonating with me recently is ‘plenty’.

A local free magazine was sitting at the checkout in the Bethesda Coop store – my home away from home. The front covered with a picture of fresh peaches and the word PLENTY in big bold print. I grabbed one.  I love the roundness of that word.

The dictionary defines it as ‘more than sufficient’, ‘an adequate or more than adequate amount’ or ‘abundant’ . Some of its other synonyms are ample, bountiful, generous and liberal. When I say the word to myself, the energy that flows through is that of enough. Having enough. Feeling enough. Being enough. Plenty.

Plenty doesn’t cause a sensation of excess in me. Not luxury or indulgence. Nor stingy or selfish. Simply enough. That when it is present, I can let go of gripping, reaching and hoarding. I can lie back and float in a sea of plenty. Can you feel it?

One of the laws of the Universe is that there is plenty. Plenty of everything for everyone……but for some reason we don’t believe it. Our minds tend to prefer to work from the uncomfortable place of lack. Of not enough. We strive daily for more and more, seeking the very sensation that feeling plenty would pour down on us.

Yesterday in my garden I could feel plenty in action. No matter which way I turned the flowers smiled at me. Butterflies so close I could feel the breeze of their delicate wings. The scent of lavender and mint on my hands as I brush back my hair, and the rosemary and sage ready and waiting to be made into herbed salts. It all got me thinking…….

What if we all suddenly awakened to a sense of plenty. Where you knew without doubt there was enough. Money, of course, but more importantly love and peace and friendship. Food and warmth. Plenty for every single person. A current that continually flowed in.

How would that feel? How would that change you? Would you finally be able to drop your shoulders and let go of that tension?

However, in return, you would be required to give fully of all your unique gifts. If your gift is teaching, you teach wholly, openly and with love. To everyone.  If you are a good listener, you might spend your days with the ill or elderly. If you are a builder you build for all, without judgment or care for pay. A musician or artist, your role is bringing beauty daily to the world with abandon. A doctor……heal all in need. A gardener feeds her neighbors.

All would be required to do, and to do wholeheartedly in service to others, but with the skills you are passionate about. Allowing your gifts and the unique way you express them to pour out in abundance. An out flowing of the current of giving. Plenty. Following your dharma……your purpose.

You pour out…..  Plenty flows in……..

What would a world like that look like? What would your role be? Would you want it?

Swimming in a sea of plenty,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment