Sunday, July 21, 2019

......my 'awe inspiring' lenses


Yogis,
Good morning sun!  Good morning new day! I blink my eyes stretching my arms overhead. As I swing my legs around and plant my feet on the floor it begins. A day unlike any other. A day filled with unlimited possibilities.

When I approach life this way, the world opens its arms to me and pulls me in for a deep embrace. During the times that I forget however, life begins to become ho hum.  I occasionally need to remind myself that each and every day is unique and can be approached one of two ways.

There is the businesslike approach which views the day as a series of ‘to dos’. Leaping from bed, putting one’s head down and steaming forward through the challenges, checking off what has gotten done. At night looking back at the day and measuring its success by what was accomplished or how much was earned…..or simply that one made it through.

Then there is the opposite. Rubbing the sleep from the eyes and being thrilled by the huge open space of sixteen hours lying ahead in which anything can happen. Moving forward through what must get done, but with the curiosity of a child. Open for the new sensations, messages and synchronicities which are naturally drawn toward those who live life this way. Lying in bed at night amazed by the many small moments of magic which had appeared.  

Both take you through the exact same day but wearing a different set of lenses. I prefer to wear my ‘Awe Inspiring’ ones.


Each day offering me unexpected gifts. Another feather on my path. A particularly breathtaking visit to the creek. Chanting with my students. Picking my first ripe tomato from the garden.

Learning that a type of heartbeat is being discovered in trees (although I already knew that). Herons soaring overhead while I run at daybreak. The intense wave of gratitude I feel at the end of my own practice. Peaches. A summer thunderstorm.
If your ‘awe inspiring’ glasses have gotten lost in the bedside table, take them out and wipe them clean. Tomorrow be sure to put them on and step out with an open heart and mind and wait to be amazed. The universe loves your attention and will draw close……

I can’t wait to see what comes tomorrow,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment