Sunday, February 17, 2019

......I heart you


Yogis,
It all began very innocently. A text message waiting on my phone as I woke Thursday morning. A wish for a happy valentine’s day. I quickly began to type my response but stopped myself. Words suddenly didn’t feel like enough.

I headed into my ‘room’ – if you’ve spent time here you know my room and all you have to do is walk in there and you will know me – grabbed my bolster, dropped to the floor and draped my back over it. Now we’re talking! Now my heart has some space. Now I can tune into the vibration of love………
What is love? I love dark chocolate. I love being down by the river. I love dancing. I love my family. Are these all the same? What if all of them were suddenly gone. Would I still love? Could I?

There is this illusion we fall into that the people, places and things that surround us are the cause of that delicious stirring inside. But you may hate dark chocolate so that bar I keep in my pantry clearly isn’t love. There may be someone I avoid at all costs, yet you may feel you would drown without them. No, there isn’t anything on the outside that is the source of that inner glow. They only act as a reminder.

Love is a vibration. A high note that exists within each of us. An energy that acts as the glue to keep us all together. Its power can chase away fear and lift us to a higher state. We only have to tune to its frequency and be it.

For the next half hour, I lay there with an open and vulnerable heart. I imagined turning on a light in the center of my chest. With each inhale that flowed into that space I visualized the light becoming brighter and brighter, until I was radiating. Then one by one I brought images of people into that light and shined on them. Family, friends, students, neighbors and even some who make it a challenge to love.

The lighthouse shines for all boats. It matters not what a boat has done or where it has travelled. None are refused the light. Love is meant to shine that same way. All beings receiving the same heart energy. All.

I am love, so by darkening even one ray, I lessen myself.

Did you feel me?
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment