Sunday, May 28, 2017

......leap of faith

Yogis,
I am a Capricorn.  If you know anything about Capricorns they are sure footed.  Steady, determined and grounded.  Watch a mountain goat and they will make their way to great heights, but by placing each foot firmly in front of the other.  Goats are not known for their leaping.  And neither am I………
When I was five and learning to ride a bike my father dutifully held on to the back bar as I wobbled my way down the street. I remember reminding him each time we went out for practice to ‘not let go’.  I would repeat it again to be sure I was heard. He assured me he wouldn’t and he didn’t. For weeks. I had my balance, had the pedaling down and was ready. But somehow I wasn’t.

It was no different a few years later at the pool as I stood on the edge of the board in perfect diving position, a line of kids waiting behind me in anticipation, only to finally hold my nose and jump.  Over and over and over. For weeks. I knew how to do it, could visualize it and was a good swimmer.  I was ready. But somehow I wasn’t. 

In class we have been working with the heart energy. Trust. Faith. No doubt. The home of the ‘leap of faith’. 

On our life journey, we first notice where we are and then uncover something that we want. We begin to take the steps toward it, seeing it clearly and leaning in. Preparing ourselves and our minds to make the change. But no matter how ready we are there is that small space that we must leap across to get there. That pause that exists in time when we move from where and who we are to what we want to be, leaving the old behind but not quite having arrived at the new .Stepping out into the unknown.With nothing in the physical world left to hold our hand, or the back of our bikes any longer we are asked to have complete trust that the arms of the Universe will carry us. Finding our wings. 

I watched some baby birds venturing out the other day. Now there is a leap of faith for you. From warm dark nest snuggled under mom to diving into the bright loud world never seen before. I envy those people who, like the baby birds don’t seem to see the leap as scary. Who hear a calling and sell everything and follow their heart.  Leaving the comfortable behind in order to grow appears to them as unquestionably essential. A ‘must’ more than a choice. 

My inner soul is a leaper but my mind in its Capricorn way wants to see where my foot will land next. Perhaps I can borrow someone’s wings for a while? 

Om,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment