Sunday, February 1, 2015

the perfect gift

Yogis,

No note next Sunday as I will be bathing in the sun.

So are you still with me? 

For the past 16 weeks we have worked with each of our main energy centers – our chakras – to open and balance them so that they spin freely like pinwheels in the summer breeze.  We opened our hearts with trust, voiced our intentions and then took time melting the mind muscles.  Clearing that final, stubborn obstacle of the contracted busy mind.  Then we relaxed and opened the crown of the head, like sliding back the sunroof of the car letting in the light.  Letting the outside, in.

So here we now stand as if an empty paper towel roll runs through our very center.  Open to receive.  No difference between what lies on the inside or the outside.  
Well….if there is no difference between what is on the inside and outside, how do I affect change to my outside life? 

Yes!! You make changes on the inside!  That is the path of yoga.  Creating the life you desire on the inside so that it flows through and projects on the outside.  Life is merely a reflection of our thoughts.  No waiting for life to change.  Being the change.

Stop, open, listen, hear, choose and move.  Stop, open listen, hear, chose and move.  Like dance partners, you and the universe so Intertwined that you can sense each other’s every step in the waltz of life.   In unison.  Moving as one.

And by  following this path we unearth our unique gift.  Digging it up and polishing it off.  Our gift.  Something we do unlike anyone else in the world.  And that gift, which has been with us since we were a child, is tied into your purpose.  It is perfect.

For me it is tied to my teaching.  I loved to play school.  I had the large chalkboard, markers, books and of course, the attendance sheet, and my poor younger sister had to sit quietly while I gave her many classes.  When my friends came to play I vaguely remember giving them turns to be the one up in front of the class but I think their tenure was quite short before I jumped back action…..into my spot.  Where I felt  the most natural.  Where I was “supposed to be”.

But in the late 70s teaching was not the path most followed because it didn’t “pay well”.  So instead I become a copier sales person.  Hmmmm….  So here I sit 30 years later listening, hearing, choosing and moving, and where I am moving is right back into the teacher role.  Finally this gift, this passion, is finding expression and its flow is effortless.  Time ceases.    No struggles to create as I am led in what to do.  The music, the movements, the words I place on paper all weaving together in order to serve others.  No boundaries.  My purpose. 

So what is your gift?  Listen within and let it speak to you.  Give it the space of this clear open channel in which to play and grow. If the mind jumps in to judge, ask it kindly to relax.  Let go, follow the signs and watch where it takes you.  Go for the ride!

The other thing I wanted to be when I grew up was a pig farmer…..

Wondering if Cabin John is zoned for pigs,
SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment