Wednesday, September 19, 2012


Dear Earthy Yoginis,
 
Dropping down,
……down, down
              …….down, down.  Letting go completely.  Stopping.  Being right where you are.

And taking a big exhale.


We have already started this connection to earth with all of our reading, talking, tasting and getting to know the plants.  If you wanted to order any herbs and haven’t given me your order, please do so!  I am placing the order on Wednesday morning.   I have also loaded all of the info that I have sent out on the herbal infusions (and I added in Comfrey) to my new blog!

www.ASpaForTheSoul.blogspot.com

So here we are again.  At the beginning.  Our first chakra – Earth – Muladhara.

Earth is about stopping and noticing exactly where you are – how can we set out on a journey until we know where we are now?  So these two weeks we will slow way down.

Planting the feet.  Feeling the space around you.  Giving in to  gravity, becoming so heavy.  Solid. Silent. Right here.  Noticing everything about this moment.  Because this is the only moment that is real.   And we certainly don’t want to miss even one! 

The Earth is the mother.  She is where we came from and where we will return.  She is us and we are her.  To think that we can “fix” her is pretty egotistic of us…..we only need to surrender to her, love her and respect her in everything that we do, and she in turn will always provide for us. 

This summer in my garden I finally got it.   I am not one that reads the “details” about how to take care of a plant.  I don’t “dig the hole 2 X the root size”.  I don’t test the soil – in fact my soil is hard clay and rock.   I don’t fertilize (other than throwing in my herbs that are left over from infusions) and I don’t water on a schedule.  But what I do, every day, all the time, is LOVE my plants.  When I am with them, love oozes out of me.  I know they can feel it and therefore things happen like a Eucalyptus tree grows to be 15 feet tall in Cabin John and Goldenrod shows up when I ask! 

So walk barefoot.  Lie in the grass.  Sit on a rock.  Touch every plant that you walk past and give it a compliment!  They will LOVE you back!

With love to you all,
SARAH

 

No comments:

Post a Comment